June 1, 2015
It is with great pleasure that the CLA Executive Council announces that the following CLA members have been elected as Councillors-at-Large for a two year term (2015 – 2017) that begins immediately following the CLA 2015 Annual General Meeting:
- Christina Hwang (Edmonton)
- Colleen Murphy (Regina)
Please join us in congratulating and welcoming these two Members.
The Canadian Library Association 2015 – 2016 Executive Council is comprised of the following:
- Sandra Singh (Vancouver), President (June 2015 – June 2016)
- Rosemary Bonanno (Nanaimo), Vice President/President-Elect (June 2015 – June 2016)
- Michael Ridley (Guelph), Treasurer (June 2015 – June 2016)
- Marie DeYoung (Halifax), Past-President (June 2015 – June 2016)
- Virginia Clevette (Edmonton), Councillor-at-Large (June 2015 – June 2017)
- Christina Hwang (Toronto), Councillor-at-Large (June 2015 – June 2017)
- Colleen Murphy (Regina), Councillor-at-Large (June 2015 – June 2017)
CLA would like to express sincere appreciation and thanks to outgoing Executive Council members: Councillors-at-Large Jim Bennett, Councillor-at-Large (Ottawa, Ontario), Peggy D’Orsay (Whitehorse, Yukon) and Jane Schmidt (Toronto, Ontario) and Past-President Pilar Martinez (Edmonton, Alberta). Their contribution to CLA and its Executive Council has been invaluable.
We would like to thank all those who expressed an interest in serving on the CLA Executive Council by letting their name stand in the recent election. It is a testament to the passion and dedication that the library and information community have for the issues of importance to them and for its national association.
For more information please contact Valoree McKay, CLA Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.