The Canadian Library Association is governed by an elected Executive Council. It comprises 7 individuals including: the President; Vice-President/President Elect; Treasurer; Past-President; and three Councillors-at-Large. The Executive Director is an ex-officio member.
A Vice-President/President Elect is elected annually, serving the first year in that office and the second year as President. The Treasurer is elected and serves a two-year term. Councillors-at-Large are elected to serve two-year terms.
Learn More About:
- Special General Meeting – January 2016
- Executive Council 2015 -16
- Constitution & Bylaws
- Strategic Planning
- Annual General Meetings
- Elections Central
CLA President and Executive Council report to members periodically via the bi-weekly CLA Digest and e-mail.
Executive Council Activity:
- Summary of Meeting between CLA Executive Council and Library and Archive Canada’s Management Board (October 2014)
- 2014 CLA Executive Council Announce Resignations of Two Councilors-at-large
- CLA received a letter from Canada Revenue Agency regarding CLA’s Political Activities and its requirements as a national charity (March 2014).