The Canadian Library Association is seeking submissions for its annual Book of the Year for Children Award.
This is an annual award for a book that meets the following criteria:
- It must be published in Canada during 2015
- It must be written by a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- The text must be an act of creative (i.e., original) writing (i.e., fiction, poetry, narrative, non-fiction, retelling of traditional literature)
- It must be written in English or be translated into English, and
- It must appeal to children up to and including age 12
Please submit a single print copy of each original title published in 2015 for consideration to each of the jury members listed. You can get a full list of jury addresses by contacting the Jury Chair. The jury considers all categories & genres, so please do not pre-screen your material.
The deadline for receiving submissions is November 30, 2015, however, the sooner we receive your submissions, the more time we will have to give each work proper consideration.
The shortlist of nominated titles will be announced in March of 2016. The Winner and Honour Books will be announced in April of 2016, and celebrated at a Book Awards reception in June.
If you have any questions about the CLA Book of the Year for Children Award, please feel free to contact me. Thank you for considering our request and providing your authors with this incredible opportunity.
Reta Pyke, Chair,
2015-16 Book of the Year for Children Award Jury
2015-2016 Book of the Year for Children Award Jury
|Reta Pyke, Chair||Surrey Libraries|
|Lynn Amann||Rossland Library|
|Jaclyn McLean||University of Saskatchewan Library|
|Rachel Seigel||Educan Media|